Sage 50 is amongst the top accounting software applications that has explicitly transformed the way accounting was done before. Bestowed with unmatched capabilities, the solution provides right-mix of flexibility, scalability, and resiliency of cloud. It enables organizations to manage their financial needs on the go without compromising on performance and security parameters.
However, at times, users may come across certain scenarios wherein they might need professional help to get the problem rectified. This article will highlight the methods to follow when the Sage 50 balance sheet goes out of balance.
A host of reasons have been elucidated by end-users when their balance sheet goes out of balance.
An exhaustive list of prevalent factors are listed below:
- If any change is done in the account types
- If the transactions have got corrupted
- If the custom report has got damaged or mislaid general ledger account
- If the Trial Balance is chosen for particular accounts (Sage 50 Not Enough Memory to Print)
- If the account has a balance, however it should be zero
- If the subsidiary businesses are running out of balance
The best way out to combat this vexing situation:
- Connect with leading yet reputed Sage 50 support professionals
- Follow the below mentioned methods to fix the problem at your own
This article attempts to explicate the tried and tested methods to put an end to the problem:
Before getting started, you need to ascertain that you are in accounting Period 1. To do so, follow the mentioned steps cautiously:
- First of all, you need to Click Tasks, than go to System, and from System go to the option which says Change Accounting Period
Note: There is other way out to get onto the option which says Change Accounting Period. This option you is located in the ribbon which is at the top of the Sage 50 main screen.
- Now, choose the accounting period that you are looking forth to access and Click OK to proceed
- Going forward, you need to select No for the next displayed question, asking if you wish to print the invoices, and cheques prior to moving ahead/ Do you wish to print all the accounting reports before proceeding/Do you want to run Internal Accounting Review (Printer Not Activated for Sage 50)
- Once selected No for all the aforementioned questions, the accounting period will get change to the chosen period
Wrongly Customized/ damaged Trial Balance Report
- If you are making use of a custom-built Trial Balance report, you need to run the standard edition of the report
- In case, if you find that the standard edition of the report is out of balance, move to the next method
- If in case the customized version of the report is in balance, you need to remove the same and recreate the newer one with the help of standard report
Commence Chart of Accounts Synchronization test
- To commence the Journal Balances test, you need to go to Help and from help go to Support Utilities. Thereafter select Integrity Check and click on Continue to proceed with the process
- If you are usingSage 50 edition starting from 2013-2018, you need to select Help and choose Customer Support. From Customer Support go to Service, thereafter to Integrity Check, and forward ahead by clicking on to Continue
- Now, opt for Journal Balances box. Once selected, you need to click OK
- Commence G/L Balances test; opt for Help, thereafter choose Support Utilities. From Support Utilities, move to Integrity Check, and then click Continue.
- For those who are using Sage 50 2013-2018 edition, choose Help, and thereafter move to Customer Support & Service then select Integrity Check and select Continue to proceed
- Moving ahead, you need to choose G/L Balances box and click OK
- Finally, validate if the report is in balance
- In this method, you need to first choose Reports and Forms
- Once selected, choose General Ledger and move to General Ledger report
- From there, you need to opt for Options and set the Time Frame to All
- Finally, Click OK
Filtered General Ledger Trial Balance by GL Account ID
- You need to Run the standard Trial Balance report removing all the filters from it
- Now, validate that both ending debit as well as credit totals are in consent with each other
Consolidated company has gone out of balance
- First of all, you need to open any one of the subsidiary organizations
- After choosing the subsidiary company, opt for Reports & Forms, and thereafterchoose General Ledger option
- Double-click to General Ledger Trial Balance and move to the bottom
- You will be asked a question are debits equals to credits
- If yes, repeat all the mentioned steps again for entire list of subsidiary companies
- If not, you can seek advanced support from professional Sage 50 experts
- Reconsolidate the consolidated organization and ensure that the consolidated organization is in balance
In case, you are unable to overcome this problem, it is always good to seek help of a professional Sage 50 customer care team of knowledgeable experts. You can call toll free at 1.800.273.5709.